How's everything going? I'm doing good. I’d say maybe I’m coming off the great week high to a tough week low. But, there’s still so many good things to be thankful about. For instance, Kelsey and Zach both made it to the temple this Friday! It was great to see and hear about!
| {Columbus, OH temple trip with a group of adults, the youth, and new members, as well} |
Kelsey also got up and bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting, and Lissa conquered her fears of praying in front of other people, and said the closing prayer in Gospel Principles class!
Mon. July 27: Today marks 11 months as a missionary!
Well, we went on a hike, and something got in my eye and it go swollen up so big! It was gross. (unfortunately, no photos of the eye)
We helped Brother Belcher sand his wood floors, and then he took us out to dinner!
We then took Brother Belcher to teach a lesson to his neighbor, Elaine. We were teaching her on her porch, and then her boyfriend comes out and gives her phone - apparently, she needed to take care of something, so she had to go. So......do you call that 1/2 of a lesson?Tue. July 28: We had Mission Leadership Conference today from 9:00-4:00.
We had dinner with the Cottrel's – we also had a great lesson on using, Preach My Gospel.
We also had a lesson with Andrew that Brother Charles Hawes came to with us.
Our other lesson was with Rodney - he's still smoke-free!
Wed. July 29: We had a lesson with Kelsey today - her first “recent convert” lesson! She's going to the temple Friday! (That's why she was confirmed the same Sunday that she was baptized on.)
Brother Stratfford took us to the Ratliff's where we had a great lesson on Joseph Smith, as a Prophet. They were both dedicated to study JSH, and watch, “Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration” later in the week.
Thur. July 30: We had zone meeting; there’s a lot for us to improve on - we'll step up our game next time!
We went on exchanges with the Spencer Elders; I went with Elder Williams to Spencer.
| {Beautiful Spencer, WV} |
Fri. July 31: I am so passionate about Baptismal interviews! First thing in the morning, I got to interview one of Spencer Elder's investigators for Baptism. His name is Markeem, and he's 18 yrs. old and a real sweet kid. In two weeks, he's actually moving down to the Charleston 1st Ward for school at West Virginia State University. But he's sweet, and he was baptized on Sunday.
We had a lot of appointments cancelled today! It was HOT. We were spent. And all of our appointments just cancelled. During our dinner hour, I knew where I needed to be - I got down on my knees, and prayed we could see something happen today! I prayed for strength, and just something to put a smile on my face. Well, one event led to another....we tried an investigator, then tried a former investigator in the same area and while we were talking to him, he told us about the street he grew up on, so we went to that street he grew up on – I’d never been there before, AND....We found Melvin and Nia! I knew God answered my/our prayers. It was a great experience! We taught them, out on their porch, The Restoration. They were so interested, and they agreed to a September 20 Baptismal date, if they come to know it is true! They are a great young couple in their 20's – they’re not married, but still great!
Sat. Aug 1: We contacted two referrals, and got their information – I hope to teach them soon!
We drove down to the Kirk's, and had a lesson with Zach, Isabelle, and their grandpa. Zach was so thrilled about his temple trip,
he was without words when he was describing it. He said he’d never experienced so much peace.
he was without words when he was describing it. He said he’d never experienced so much peace.
The goal is to get new converts interviewed and to the temple within 30 days of their Baptism.
We had three appointments cancelled today! :(
Brother Blessant came with us to see Rodney - he is now two weeks smoke-free! But, he's having a hard time realizing the importance of coming to church. He wants to come, but thinks if he can make some money instead, he should do that.
Sun. Aug 2: So, our congregation was down on Sacrament meeting attendance this week. Only Amit came and even he had to leave mid-way through Sacrament meeting. But, Kelsey bore an awesome testimony and a “Good-Bye” as this will be her last Sunday in our Charleston 1st Ward. She leaves for Wheeling, WV (home) this weekend, then down to New Orleans (she’s going to graduate school at Tulane University) next weekend !
We were able to save some miles on our car today and walk!
| Logan & Austin |
We also taught Kelsey, and she told us about her temple Trip. We re-taught about Family History and temples, and committed her to go to the Baton Rouge temple within two weeks of her getting down there.
Well, keep me in your prayers, and I'll keep you in mine!
This Gospel is so very true!
There was a great theme in yesterday's Fast and Testimony meeting. It was recurring that everything happens in God's time - and God's time is Eternity, and families can be together for Eternity! So, this is why we do what we do, this is why things happen in God's time.
I Love You All!
Love, Elder Brenchley
No comments:
Post a Comment