WEST VIRGINIA CHARLESTON MISSION

Monday, August 17, 2015

Random Questions #23

Note: Mom makes a list of questions in her email correspondence and Elder Brenchley answers them.

1. Tell me about your new companion...?  Elder Braxton Johnson is 6' 3."  He's from Spanish Fork, UT and went to Maple Mountain High School.  He graduated May 31, 2014, then left on his mission June 4, 2014.  So, he's two transfers ahead of me, and I guess I could have left that day, too, if I would've put my date of eligibility earlier.

2. What kind of car do you have now?  a Toyota Corolla.  What did you have in C-Town?  a Chevy Cruze.  Is it automatic or stick-shift?  All cars in the mission are automatic.  Good thing, too - I've talked to a lot of missionaries, and they wouldn't know how to drive a manual, if we did have them.


3. Do locals attend Southern Virginia University, or is it mostly out-of-state LDS kids?  Locals do attend SVU, usually for free because their parents work there!  :) 

4. Are your basketball shoes worn out because of all the Thursday night basketball you played in Floyd?  That was some of the wear & tear.  We did play a good chunk of basketball in Charleston, too! 

5. Why are there so many members of The Church in that little area of the state?  Because J. Golden Kimball came in the early 1900's and baptized half the town.  Then SVU came...

No comments:

Post a Comment