Note: Mom makes a list of questions in her email correspondence and Elder Brenchley answers them.
1. I did NOT see this transfer coming!....So, I guess the longest-in-the-area is not always the first missionary to transfer? Nope, it's all in the Lord's hands.
2. What about other missionaries in your Charleston district/zone? Many transfers? Not too many getting transfered in the Charleston Zone! With six missionaries training, usually that doesn't happen.
3. Transferring to Buena Vista, will you be serving on the college campus? Nope, not a campus area, but I'm sure I'll be there a ton! The church buildings are really close to one another.
4. LDS maps show your new apartment will be very close to a church...is that your church building? No, that will house the 6 YSA wards. We share the building with the Rockbridge ward which meets in a church further away from our apartment, but still really close compared to everywhere else I've served - everything's close due to my small area.
5. Who is your new companion? Elder Brendon Johnson, he's been out on his mission since June 2014. How long has he been in the Buena Vista area serving as ZL? He's been in BV ZL for just one transfer (where he was companion to VHS' Elder Numbers).
6. What areas are in your zone? The entire Buena Vista, VA Stake: Gretna, Lynchburg, Buena Vista, Rockbridge, Lexington, Covington (all Virginia) and White Sulphur Springs, WV.
7. Did the insoles already wear out? (that wasn’t very long!) Yes, we've been walking a lot!
8. Will you be getting to Buena Vista in the "transfer van?" Will it be quite a long drive? It will be a very long drive! BV is at the end of the line! I'll get there around 5 p.m.!
9. What are your feelings about transferring? Did you feel like you got as many close connections in Charleston as you did in your other areas? I wasn't here too long, and there were so many people! I still didn't learn/meet everyone at the church, and members didn't have us over for dinner that often. But, yeah, Brother Cottrel (Ward Mission Leader), Brother Thomas (from Bountiful, UT), Brother Collett, and Brother Hawes are probably some of my favorite members in Charleston ward.
10. Why is it called SOUTHERN Virginia University when it is really more in the middle of the state, not at the most southern point?!? It is funny....... I'm not sure what to think.
No comments:
Post a Comment