WEST VIRGINIA CHARLESTON MISSION

Monday, August 17, 2015

No Need to Worry about Speaking in Church - No One Can Hear Me Anyway! ;)

Hey Everyone, from Buena Vista, VA!

I really have enjoyed my time here so far!
Let me give you some fun facts real quick! 
I, Elder Brenchley, am currently serving in the smallest mission area east of the Mississippi. 
The area is 2 miles by 1.5 miles. 
The Ward roster is 16 pages long! 
It's just like a Utah ward!  As I was up at the pulpit, introducing myself, I could barely hear myself, with all the kids crying/talking! 
It's going to be really fun working with all the ward members!  Elder Johnson has only been here one transfer, so we both decided the best way to go about the work here is we've got to know the members!  

Well, as far as the week goes...Here we go! 

Wed. Aug. 12: P-Day!  I got to packing.
{I decided to toss my basketball shoes in Charleston}

Brother Charles Hawes drove us down to Montgomery for dinner with the Minnich's.
The Minnich's

Amit
I also was able to say goodbye to Amit

We had to rush back up for a final lesson with Kelsey!  (She gave me a great gift!  I'll have to show ya'll next week.  I still haven't unpacked all the way!)
{Last lesson in Charleston: Elder Jacklin, Freyia Blessant, Kelsey, Charles, Me}


Brother Collett drove all the way to our house to say goodbye.
Bro. Collett
 What a great guy! 

    Thur. Aug. 13: Transfer day!  I got a lot of pictures with everyone! 
    {Me and Elder Jacklin}

    I had a long, all-day drive to Buena Vista on the "transfer train."  We finally rolled into BV around 8:00!
     
    Fri. Aug. 14:  I didn't really have an opportunity to shop, so we did that today. 
    We helped a member move some things, and then he took us out to lunch.
    We had dinner with three families from the ward having a Family BBQ.
    We met our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Turman.
     
    Sat. Aug. 15:  We drove down to Forest, Va to do some District Leader training with Elder Walker (the same one who was in Charleston).
    {The Forest Elders: Elder Underhill & Elder Walker, Me, Elder Johnson (my new companion)}


    We had missionary coordination with Brother Turman and the ward missionaries, the Flores', a brand new married couple, both attending SVU.  There's a lot in the ward!
    Then we went and taught our top investigators (and only, maybe), Bettie and Debbie.  They are mother and daughter; Bettie is in her 80's and Debbie is in her 60's.  Their husband and father recently died, and the members have a been a big support to them for years, and so the time was very right!  They are awesome!  They both do have health issues, which might make it difficult to come to church.
     
    Sun. Aug. 16:  Church is at 1:00!  But, we have Ward Council at 8:30, so it's a really weird schedule. 
    Like I mentioned, Buena Vista ward is just like a Utah ward.
    Bettie and Debbie called us, and weren't feeling well. :( 
    We tried many people the rest of the day, and picked up a new investigator named, Charlie.  He sure does talk a lot, but he enjoyed The Restoration lesson. 
    Elder Johnson and I visited the Trotman's, a brand new couple going to SVU.  Here's the weird thing; Sister Trotman is younger than I am!  I FEEL OLD!  We did some great missionary training with them, though! 

    Well, it was so very sad to say goodbye to Charleston! 
    {The McGill's on my last night in Charleston}

    But, I look forward to serving in BV so very much! 
    I know I've been called here for a reason!  The Lord will have His Will be done! 


    Love, Elder Brenchley

    No comments:

    Post a Comment