WEST VIRGINIA CHARLESTON MISSION

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Returning "Home" For a Baptism

Hey Ya'LL!  Happy Memorial Day!

I don't have a lot of time this week since we are using the Mission Office computers and it's Memorial Day.  But, I'm adjusting well to Charleston! 
There are so many more people to talk to!  A lot of diversity!  Being a zone leader is alright, I'm still adjusting.  There's not much time, but it was a short week to talk about, so I'll jump right to it!  ALSO, I helped the Charleston ZL area teach 20 lessons this week!

Wed. May 20: P-Day was filled with packing!
We also took some time out of our P-Day to go teach Nara the Plan of Salvation with Bro. Sunberg.  
Nara
The Spirit was strong, and she got really teary eyed.  I think she's gonna get baptized someday!

Clowers'
Clowers' had us over for dinner.  They're old goofballs.

We had a lesson with Sister Guthrie with the Frazier's joining in.  
Guthrie's
We taught the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and how we can learn from the stories of the Book of Mormon.  I felt prompted to read Alma 47 with her (don't come down from your mountain).  Kaela, her daughter, also needed a blessing and asked me to give it to her since I was leaving.

Thur. May 21: Transfer Day.  Elder Boyd & I overslept a little bit, but we were still able to make it before the train left.  The transfer meeting was great! 
Elder Boyd & I
Elder Boyd picked up his new trainee, and we parted ways!
Elder Jacklin was already there in Charleston (obviously) so we got to work!  We taught a grandma and her grandson The Plan of Salvation (their names are Eric & Yvonne).
We had dinner at the McGill's.  They're pretty cool members; Bro. McGill has a lot of swag and has a piano in his living room that is hooked up to a microphone.  So, several times during dinner, he ran over to the piano and started playing a jingle.  The Holbrook family joined us; they are a less active family who has been coming back to church to help their 8-yr old daughter get baptized.  Bro. Hawes was also there, a recent convert in the Assistants' area.
Bro. Hawes came with us to teach one of our investigators named, Rodney.  He's on Baptismal date for May 31, but probably won't make it due to the fact that he's only been to church once.  Great guy though!  We taught him about prophets and followed up on Book of Mormon reading.  He reads everyday!

Fri. May 22: We helped move a less-active couple.
We had weekly planning.
There were two miracles today!  1. We went to see one of our investigators (Bro. Cook) and his wife sat in on the lesson, and wants to read the Book of Mormon together with her husband.  The cool thing is, before I got here, she's been very standoffish to the missionaries and is always trying to prove them wrong, but all she had to do was sit in a lesson and have The Spirit touch her heart!  2.  I found out Jasmine Browning from my first area is getting baptized tomorrow, so I made a few phone calls.  Long story short, we got approval to go, and the Young's from Beckley are going to come pick us up to help us save on car miles.

Sat. May 23: We went to Jasmine's Baptism, it was Awesome! 
Jasmine's Baptism

(Her dad, Matt, got baptized May 2)
 

Then we saw the Kirk family.  The Kirk's are active members, and have two unbaptized kid.  We went over what needs to be taught with Zach (age 15), and Isabelle (age 11) just needs a Baptismal interview! WooHOO!
We also picked up a new investigator named, Danny.
We met with our investigator named, Tom.  He's a great guy.  I'm not sure if he's all there, though.
Then we had a lesson with Lisa, one our investigators in Bro. Foote's home.  He's a pretty cool guy.  We extended Lisa a Baptismal date invitation for June 21st!

Sun. May 24: Church went great!  We had Missionary Correlation with Bro. Cottrell who is the ward mission leader.  We have three sets of missionaries in the Charleston 1st ward: Charleston ZLs (us), South Hill Sisters (STL's), and the Assistants.  We had three investigators at church! The Kirk family (Zach & Isabelle), and then Lisa came, as well!
We had a great lesson with the Soram's.  "Derek is a recent convert and lives with his brother and his wife and his kids.
I also met Bro. Beck, the area's most recent convert - he's sweet!

{Charleston}


Well, that's my week!

Love you all!

Love, Elder Brenchley

No comments:

Post a Comment