WEST VIRGINIA CHARLESTON MISSION

Friday, May 8, 2015

I Met my First True Hick

Hey Ya'll,

So sorry you didn't get my weekly letter via email, but we had an interesting day and we didn't know the library closed at 5:00 p.m.  I was able to get one email off before the library closed, so ya'll get my weekly report on paper!


Mon. April 27:  Today was P-day - we hung out in Blacksburg.
We met with Sherwood and he's not interested anymore.  :(
We also met and taught Brother Turner, he's been less active for 20 years.

Tues. April 28:  We had a lesson with Doris, she's an 80 yr. old lady and now a new investigator.
We had a lesson with Keith and read Alma 36 with him.  Brother Brown joined us for his lesson.

Wed. April 29:  We met a guy named, Butch, while tracting; he's a typical hick (living in a trailer, complaining about the Government, his name and all.)
We tried a former investigator on record named, Bill.  He'd come to church 20 times in the past, but then came across Anti-Mormon material - he was letting us have it!  :(

Thurs. April 30:  We had zone meeting, then I exchanged with one of the ZLs, Elder Clawson.  It was fun!  I went to Christiansburg for exchanges, and the other ZL (Elder Moses) came to Floyd with my companion.
We met and talked with a less active guy and I beat his roommate in chess!
We had dinner with two young Mormon families. (That's where I wanna be in 10 yrs!)

Fri. May 1:  We exchanged back to our regular companions.  Because I was in Christainsburg for exchanges on Thursday night, I missed our usual basketball.
We did weekly planning and I felt prompted to go see Taylor (we don't have a phone number, so we have no way of contacting him).  He was there!  And we got his phone number!  Taylor said he'd come to church.
While I was gone, Elder Moses (ZL) and Elder Boyd met and taught a member's ex-husband, named Ron.  (See Sunday)

Sat. May 2:  We had lunch with Sister Merrill and her family.  Sister Merrill is the only member in her family - it's sad, but they are all too comfortable to change right now.
Today we had back to back miracles;  Miracle #1 - we had an appointment with William Dillon, he's Sister Lester's friend.  She had already filled him in on half of the Restoration!  So, the lesson went GREAT!  He's now a new investigator and coming to church tomorrow!  Miracle #2 - Elder Boyd needed to "use the restroom" and he wanted to use my water bottle to "relieve himself."  I wasn't going to let THAT happen, so we dropped by the Banks to see if we could use their restroom.  Turns out, Sister Banks needed a blessing, as well!  Right place, right time!

Sun. May 3:  Taylor didn't answer when Brother Brown went to go pick him up for church.
Alec and William Dillon came, though!
Our new investigator, Ron Fraizer (ex-husband of member), needed a blessing.  Here's the awkward part; he lives in a shack behind his ex-wife's trailer, yeah.  Anyway, we gave him a blessing and had a lesson with him after, and he accepted August 15th as a Baptismal date!
We had dinner after Bible study with Ricky, Dustin, and Sam.

WOO HOO!  What a week!


I hope you can read my terrible handwriting!  Anyway, sorry ya'll weren't able to read my email during Family Home Evening, like usual.  It won't happen again!  :)
Anyway, I love hearing how everything's going back home - stay strong in school 'til the end, kids!

Happy Mother's Week!  Everyone treat the moms in your life real good, especially Mom!

Love you all!
~Elder Brenchley

No comments:

Post a Comment