Hey Ya'll
Wasn't Easter and Conference just the best? What a great combination!
Saturday April 4:
What was ya'lls favorite talks? I really want to know! I haven't picked a favorite talk, yet. But I have a favorite Ssssion! Saturday afternoon by far! All 6 talks were so great! It may also have to do with the fact, that I've personally met & shook hands with 2 of the speakers (Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and Elder Dale. G Renlund, (both came to the Mission)
I really loved each of the talks! And It helped me feel a lot better because I was really uneasy after some people opposed The First Presidency and The Twelve Apostles! How sad was that? They sound like they need our prayers
As for my weekly report, I've got a lot to say, in a short amount of time.
![]() |
| Elder Olsen |
Elder Olsen has to get packing, so I'll bullet point my days:
Monday March 30:
- Radford Elders came down for P-Day for fishing and basketball. (No fish caught)
- Had FHE with Jodie and Katie and their family; it was a little bit of a struggle with all the kids going crazy. Now I know how my parents felt. :)
Tuesday March 31:
- We spent 4 1/2 hours today on Huckleberry Ridge Rd. (Shows you how long and spread out the roads are here) looking for a former investigator and a referral. We found the referral, but couldn't find that former investigator. We did find two solid potential investigators, and taught the 8 minute Restoration to one, and got a return appt. with the other!
Wednesday April 1:
- April Fools Day! No fooling around though! I went on an exchange with Elder Higgins up in Radford. He expressed he's kind of done with the area because not a whole lot is happening. (he's certain he's getting transferred next week) But, we were still able to work real hard today! We had 7 great ITL's (6 on Campus @ Radford University)
- Also taught their only investigator, Kenny, who is preparing for Baptism.
Thursday April 2:
- Taught a Less-Active named, Sister Briggs. She's showing sincere desire to go the temple. She got really emotional. Lesson in Swortzel's home
- Tire went completely flat, Bro. Swortzel helped us (actually did it all for us) with that.
- Dinner @ Katie and Jodie's, lesson on 3 Degrees of Glory went good. Jodie's starting to get everything!
Friday April 3:
- Zone Conference in the morning
- Received a referral, which we contacted and got info
- Taught Ricky, Sam, & Dustin. They are just being stubborn and won't open and read the Book of Mormon. :(
| {Dustin, Ricky, Sam, me, Elder Olsen} |
Saturday April 4:
- Conference was great! Great turnout to Priesthood Session! (the free pizza helped a lot!)
- Knocked one door I felt we should knock! It was the right door; a young, single mother, said she would read the Restoration pamphlet, and we could come back.
Sunday April 5:
- Easter!
- Conference great!
- Easter dinner @ the Sunberg's! What a Meal!
Monday April 6:
- Met an old lady with Alzheimer's today. She talked our ear off for a half hour, and wanted to give us a hug. She was so sweet!
- Bro. Brown came with us to an appointment, which fell through, met a former investigator, and set-up appt.
- Service and dinner @ Miller's.
Tuesday April 7:
- District Meeting - our last as this current District
- While knocking some trailer park, the three people who answered were all Hispanic. Searching my brain for my 2 years of High School Spanish, I was able to ask them their name, and what time is it? Then just started saying words like, Casa! Perro! deniro! Jesu Christo! Miraculously enough, we had an El Libro De Mormon in the car and got a return appt. with a man named, Juan! The other man, Lupe, took a Spanish Restoration pamphlet.
- Had dinner @ Lafon's.
- After Lafon's, went over to Sherwood's and we were able to teach his daughter, Monica and her friend, Rylee (both 16.) And picked them up as new investigators. They said they hadn't found the right church, yet.
- 3 members of the District are leaving: Elder Olsen, Sister Zschoke, & Elder Higgins
- 3 new members are coming: Elder Boyd (my companion, who was just serving in Blacksburg YSA, short move) Sister Banks, & Elder Degooyer. I was so excited, especially for Elder Degooyer coming - he was my last zone leader in Charleston, and I think he's just what the doctor ordered to turn Radford area around! Such a great missionary!
Well, that's all foks! I'm expecting to hear what everyone's favorite Conference talk is!
Love, Elder Brenchley!

No comments:
Post a Comment