Note: Mom makes a list of questions in her letters and Elder Brenchley answers them:
1. How do all the missionaries get to their new areas? Especially when it’s in a different state? The "Transfer Train." It is two 15 passenger vans and a big box truck that goes from Roanoke to Charleston and every missionary gets on it to go up to Charleston.
2. That's crazy that your cousin, Maddie, is in one of the pictures with your new D.L.! Small World! What year did he graduate from BHS? Class of 2011. What makes it an even SMALLER WORLD is that he is the nephew of Bishop & Sister Bullock from our Farmington ward! He showed me a family picture of them, too.
3. What are your plans for Christmas? District Leader Spencer had the great idea to have all us missionaries have breakfast together Christmas morning and open presents together - should be fun! I also really want to share Aunt Louise's song, "Waiting for the Child" with everyone! As part of our little missionary get-together Christmas morning, we were asked to share our favorite Christmas tradition! Will you send me the lyrics/music to the song, "Christmas Shoes?" I'm going to share that tradition. :) The Laxton's, a less-active family, is having us over for a meal.
4. Are you going to be able to call home or Skype on Christmas? I don't know if we will be able to Skype with the Laxton's, but we may have to talk to the Heller's about that. The Young's would have let us, but they are in Texas for the holidays. We've been given special permission to let you know (email, text) as to when and where we are going to call/Skype. In the meantime, could ya'll set up a Skype account for me?
5. Did you receive our package of Christmas presents to you? I received y'alls presents package on Friday, the 19th! Thank You, Thank You! All the other missionaries are jealous of all the gifts I got! :) Dianne & Scott, Eric & Julie, Phil & Nicole, G-ma & G-pa, and Nana & Papa all sent something, too! So, it seems like I'm getting more presents out on the mission, than back home! :) Should have come on a mission sooner! :)
6. From the picture of your ward party, the inside of the church looks similar to ours. Is your church building the same size as ours at home? Yes, it's a good sized church building; that was the gym you saw in the photo.
7. Also, from the pictures.....Is your companion shorter than you are? Lucky you -- you get to feel TALL [for once]! Elder Caldwell is way smaller than me! I'm about 4 inches taller, and 50 lbs. heavier! I do enjoy it!
8. Is that duct tape on your walls, holding up your Christmas lights? ;) Yes, the duct tape you sent is the most handiest thing!
9. Are you "decorating" your house with Arizona drink cans on your bookshelf? Yes! I have started a Arizona can collection because they are only 75 cents at Wal-Mart and Dollar General. The Squirt bottles were from Elder Johnson.
10. I remember on my mission, it was easier to do missionary work at Christmas time; more reasons to contact people, etc. Are you experiencing that, too? This Christmas season has been so amazing! It's so easy to talk to people!
No comments:
Post a Comment