| {Elder Caldwell & I decorated our apartment for Christmas} |
Hey Ya'll!
How are you doing?
I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas season.
I hope you continue to remember that "He is the Gift" (#sharethegift, christmas.mormon.org) and how Jesus Christ and His restored gospel has blessed your lives. Continue to share it with others and pray & fast for opportunities to do so! You WILL see miracles; I can personally say I've seen a lot in doing so myself!
I had a really interesting week; we had 6 member-present lessons set up at the beginning of the week, and because of cancellations from members/investigators, we only ended up with 2 lessons. But, so many miracles made it all better!
Tues. Dec. 9: This morning, I read in the Ensign Elder Neilsen's talk on sustaining a Prophet. While I was reading, I looked at a picture of The First Presidency and had the most overwhelming feeling that we have Prophets and Apostles, called of God, on this earth today! I know it! :)
District meeting today was focused on setting goals as a district. I like this approach because it helps us come closer as a district.
Tonight we taught Lucksas Graham and his family with the Young's. We did a simple review of the lessons we've taught since he's just 8 yrs. old. Then after, we shared with the whole family, "He is the Gift." Sister Tracy Graham. was reading the captions for the kids and the moment was so beautiful. She got really emotional and The Spirit was so strong! They are such a great, wonderful family, and they just need to come back to church!
Wed. Dec. 10: We began passing out fliers for the ward Christmas party that will be on Saturday.
I also finally got to an Orthodontist to re-cement my retainer - and they didn't charge me a thing!
With Bro. Barnett, we taught the "Word of Wisdom" lesson to Sister Cline. She said she drinks coffee and tea, but quite simply said, "I don't drink a lot, so it won't be a problem to stop." WOW! That went well! She really is progressing; we're pretty sure she'll make her date for Jan. 18 or sooner.
Thur. Dec. 11: We taught Tom Poe today with Brother Brooks and he brought up a new concern I've never heard before. He's scared of socializing with people. This struck us a little silly because he sure does talk a lot when we're there. So, with that, he says he's not sure if he can come to church........ :(
Fri. Dec. 12: Another miracle happened today! Ya'll remember Tom Wood, right? Well, the last time we got a hold of him was the week of Thanksgiving. We've called him every day since then - and no answer. Well, we called the Assistants to give them Tom as a referral since St. Albans is in their area. All we gave them was his phone number and told them to keep an eye out for him. Within an hour, we got a text from them that they got a hold of Tom and they had an appointment with him on Saturday! I jumped for joy! I'm hoping they'll pick up right where we left off!
Another one of our member-presents fell through, so as backup we took the Young's to a less-active's home, the Laxton's. We're never able to get in with them because Bro. Laxton is always working and it's just her there. Since we brought the Young's, we were able to get in! They said they'd come to the ward Christmas party!
Sat. Dec. 13: Today we had apartment inspections. Elder & Sister McBean (a senior proselyting couple) came and inspected our apartment. We need a smoke alarm in our bedroom! Whoops! At the end of the inspection, Elder McBean started telling us some of his mission stories, back when he served in the Western States Mission! :) The Spirit was really strong and I can't wait to tell my mission stories for the rest of my life.
Josef Heller came out with us to go to a lesson with Ms. W, but she wasn't there. So, to give him a taste of missionary work, we started tracting, as back-up!
We had to go in a little early today, so I could make mom's pumpkin choc. chip muffins for the ward party. I thought they turned out okay.
Then, we attended the ward party! There was so much food and so many people. The twins actually came with Sis. Blackburn! Turns out, their mother's heart has softened and she's all right with them getting baptized! Sweet!
We had to go in a little early today, so I could make mom's pumpkin choc. chip muffins for the ward party. I thought they turned out okay.
Then, we attended the ward party! There was so much food and so many people. The twins actually came with Sis. Blackburn! Turns out, their mother's heart has softened and she's all right with them getting baptized! Sweet!
There was a special appearance by Santa at the ward Christmas party!
| (L to R): Elder Carter, Elder Caldwell, ME, Santa (Bro. Wallace), Elder Chinn, Elder Spencer, Elder Esplin |
Sun. Dec. 14: None of our investigators came to church today - not even Sister Cline. :( But, so many good, wondrous things happened! The Laxton's came to church! This is the first time I've seen them, and they brought their friends, who are some former investigators for the Beckley area! Also, Kay and her family came again! Her grandkids are really pushing to come to Primary! It's Awesome! Also, the Sprouse family came! The daughters usually come with their great-grandma, Sister Jackson, but this time their mom, Rebecca, came with her boyfriend, Matt, and his daughter. They also came to the ward Christmas party! After church, Sister Jackson came up to us and informed us she would be feeding us Saturday, and that we would also be teaching Matt and his daughter! Whoa! That's the kind of referrals we need! We're so excited to start teaching them!
Also, our meal calendar blew up this week! We have someone feeding us every single day this week! I love Sundays!
| {Staying fly at the Young's house} |
We tracted the rest of the day and found some great potentials. This week we are hoping to turn those potentials into new investigators!
I love miracles! I love serving a mission because I get to see so many! I love doing as Jesus would do! It's the Best; those good feelings inside you. And the miracles I see trump all the disappointment and hard times I experience!
I love you all so much! Continue to have Happy Holidays!
-Elder Brenchley
We really enjoy your photos and reading about your experiences. We miss you and love you and hope you are enjoying the Holidays. Love, Grandma and Grandpa B.
ReplyDelete