WEST VIRGINIA CHARLESTON MISSION

Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Few Days in the MTC

My first few days in the MTC have hit me like a train.  I really didn't know what to expect.  But I am so grateful for everything.  The Spirit is everywhere and very strong.  Us missionaries work all day long!  But it feels good to work in the service of the Lord.  We are learning all we can, and studying hard.

I love my district of 10 Elders.  Four of us are serving in the West Virginia Charleston Mission; including myself, my companion Elder Williams (Grantsville, Ut), (Who I LOVE!) He's a three sport athlete for Grantsville High School, let's just say him & I are getting along real nice!
Elder Numbers ( My Viewmont/West Virginia Brother) 
and his companion Elder Jarman (Sandy, Ut).
The other 6 elders will be serving in the Washington, Everett Mission:
Elder Gonzalez (District Leader) ( Las Vegas, NV)
Elder Kartchner (San Diego, CA)
Elder Howell (Alpine, Ut)
Elder Austin (New Plymouth, Idaho)
Elder Tempest (Centerville, Ut) (Another Viewmont Viking)
Elder Moore (Kaysville, UT) (A rival Davis Dart) :(

We've met our two teachers (Bro. Kimball and Sis. Elsworth).  They are GOOD Teachers.  They also posed as the two investigators our district had to visit with.  Elder Williams & I taught Victor (aka Bro. Kimball).  We got to know him the first day, and then delivered a message on the gospel of Jesus Christ, and taught him about baptism.  He liked the idea of baptism and wanted to be baptized.  We committed him to be baptized!  We will be helping him over the next couple of days to prepare for the waters of baptism. 
We met with our branch on Thursday, and were introduced to our Branch Presidency; President Taylor, Brother Russon, and Brother Neilsen, and their wives.  Each of us told them where we were from, and our testimony.  We went over the MTC rules.  The two counselors then interviewed all of us, and then assigned us callings.  Elder Williams and I were assigned as Zone Leaders!  We are excited for this calling and look forward to serving our zone, and welcoming the new elders next week.
It is official we leave September 9, connect flights in Atlanta, Georgia, then we are in West Virginia!  Other missionaries are so jealous of us - some have to stay up to 8 weeks! 
I love it here at the MTC.  We have our first branch meeting tomorrow for Sunday (where hopefully Elder Williams and I will learn our responsibilities as zone leaders), and then back into the regular work schedule Monday. 
Thanks for your prayers! And I love you all!

-Elder Brenchley

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! So good to hear your 'voice'. We are so excited to hear about your adventures. Good luck and Phil says to drink lots of chocolate milk while you are there at the MTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brought back so many memories of my MTC days! He sounds amazing, what a great missionary already!

    ReplyDelete