Hey everyone, just a quick summary of this past week…because a lot of things happened! And I have a lot of pictures to share, as well! It was a very long week, but it went by so fast!
I have come to love the Botetourt area so much! So, it was really tough to say some goodbyes this past week! I have loved seeing the fruits of hard work pay off!
Some highlights from this week:
We started teaching Tina Booher! She finally started sitting in on the lessons with Amber.
 |
| Amber & Tina Booher, me, Brother Plaster |
|
|
Monday night we had dinner at the Booher's (Sister Booher made this really good Sticky finger-like chicken) but I think the fun environment was really good for Tina, and allowed her to open up a little bit, and soften up towards us. Brother Plaster came with us to that.
 |
The Gentry's & the Cummings'
|
On Tuesday, Brother Gentry made us HOG BRAINS and scrambled eggs. (There it is, right before the buzzer! Eating something really abnormal right before the end of my mission).
 |
| Bob & Patty Cox |
 |
| {Sister Eunice Epling} |
We had a wonderful Zone Conference on Wednesday with wonderful teachings! I am so glad to have one more before I head home! I will miss the missionaries, this Mission, and, of course, the Salisbury's.
On Thursday, I said some goodbyes, and we got in with the Waddell couple. They are a part member family. Sister Waddell is Sister Allred's sister, and Brother Waddell is Baptist, but the chillest guy ever! So, it was good to start teaching them, and they committed to come to the Fireside on Sunday!
 |
| {Brother & Sister Morse} |
 |
| {Sister Karen Guffey} |
On Friday, we drove up to Buchanan and worked basically the whole day up there (10a-6p). But, then to drive from Buchanan to the Elmore's house (where we went for dinner), the GPS had us take the Blue Ridge Parkway! If you don't know about the Blue Ridge Parkway, go Google it!
 |
| Blue Ridge Parkway |
But, I felt it such a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to drive this beautiful Scenic Route with great views and so much green! It was such a blessing, and a great recap of what I will miss out here in the East!
On Saturday! Of Course you know what happens!
 |
| Sister Amber Booher was baptized on her birthday! |
It was a wonderful service, with basically half the Branch coming out to support her at her Baptism!
 |
Amber's Baptism program
|
Several other missionaries brought their investigators, as well!
 |
Amber's family; her mom, step-dad, and 2 kids (Lazarous & Lillieth)
|
Amber's family came, as well; her mom, step-dad, aunt, and 2 kids came! It was a beautiful thing to be a part of! Brother Plaster baptized her, and Elder Shirley & I gave the talks (I conveniently already had a Baptismal talk prepared for Brookelle's Baptism! Thanks Brookie May!) And we were also the Witnesses! There was just such a special Spirit!!! On top of that, when we went to go see the Smith's/Lillie Lawson, we were going to invite her to be baptized, but she beat us to the punch! Before we could even start the lesson, she asked us about being Baptized! She is on date for Baptism for Oct. 9th.
 |
| {Lillie Lawson, and the Smith's} |
 |
Jeeping with Brother Gwynn
|
Brother Gwynn came with us to see Sister Angie Rogers on Saturday, so he took us Jeeping along the way!
 |
| {Sister Angie Rogers} |
On Sunday was Amber’s Confirmation!!! Elder Shirley did a great job confirming her, and I was also blessed to be in the circle of her Confirmation. In attendance were three other investigators; her mom, Tina Booher, Sister Angie Rogers, and Sister Lillie Lawson! (the Smith family also came, 3 Sundays in a row! Lillie is definitely helping them get active again!)
 |
| {The Willmott family - Botetourt Branch} |
 |
| {John & Nancy Moore - Botetourt Branch} |
The Fireside was also really wonderful! Sister Booher (now a member), Sister Lillie Lawson, Smith's, and the Waddell's came! It was a really great hour, and President Light, of the Stake Presidency, asked the congregation at the end,
“Have you felt the Spirit tonight?” I wanted to shout,
“YES!” Each set of missionaries involved (us, Roanoke Sisters, Roanoke Zone Leaders) were supposed to provide one musical number and one testimony to be given by people from their area. Sister Tonya Elmore, from Botetourt Branch, gave her testimony. I can't express how proud I was of her!
 |
| Elmore Family (Jacob, Brother Danny Elmore, Brenna, Sister Tonya Elmore) |
I love the Elmore family with all my heart, and Sister Elmore is
not one to be in front of crowds, she gets very nervous -- but she has such a touching conversion story and a knowledge of her Heavenly Father, that we knew we had to ask her! She did such a good job, and it meant a lot to her family. We were so proud of her! Also, I saw a lot of folks from Roanoke ward
 |
| {Brother John Turner and J Blevins - Roanoke ward} |
 |
| {Brother Tony Keeton} |
 |
| {Frankie Rosser - Myra & Roxanne's cousin} |
 |
| {"The Gundlach's - Roanoke ward} |
 |
| {Brother Bobby Richardson - Roanoke Ward Mission Leader}
|
 |
| {Bishop Tommy Joe Williams - Roanoke Ward} |
 |
| {Brother Dane McBride, Roanoke ward - this guy was companions with Mitt Romney on his mission!} |
I wasn't able to get a picture with these people while I was serving there, so I got a pic with them at the Fireside!
#tendermercy!
Love, Elder Brenchley
No comments:
Post a Comment