How's everything going? Happy Father's Day to all the fathers, grandfathers, father-like figures, and future fathers!
I know we have a loving Heavenly Father, who loves us so very much; He wants us to do our best and always succeed. He gives us commandments so we can receive the promised blessings. To learn, know, and experience the Father's promised blessings, go learn, study, and live the commandments!
Mon. June 13: I went shopping at Ross and Marshall's for P-day! Best stores ever!
| {$10 shirt, $17 shoes @ Ross & Marshall's!} |
When I come home and need to replenish my wardrobe, I'll probably just go to Ross and Marshall's!
Our appointment with Ryan Lampkins cancelled.
We had dinner at the Williams', and they let us chase their ducks and hold some.
We found these really nice folks named, Ben and Beth. They were both really open and invited us to sit down with them. Beth was in and out of the lesson, but Ben seemed really intrigued. He has done some study about the Mormons.
Tues. June 14: We worked closely in the Troutville/Daleville area today. We talked to this one girl named, Marissa. She was a Christian young life worker. She had met with missionaries before; she wasn't too interested, but it was great to have a good Gospel discussion with her.
Brother and Sister Yates took us to Country Cookin'.
We met with the Hodges family - they were just baptized in 2014. They are from the Blue Ridge area.
I got pulled over for speeding today....I was just trying to get around two semi-trucks while entering the freeway - I swear the cop got me within 30 seconds of getting onto the freeway. :( $156 bucks!
Wed June 15: We got to spend some quality time with President Salisbury today. First, we had a wonderful specialized training; we really want to focus on getting people to be baptized, and to do that, we have to help them, not just "teach" them.
Then after Specialized Training was over, President & Sister Salisbury wanted to take us to Elder Berry (a shake place) before viewing our new apartment. Elder Berry was closed, so we went to "3 Little Pigs."
The Salisbury's checked out the apartment with us, and they approved it. President Salisbury is a pretty good businessman, so he made sure with the landlord that some things are fixed up and tidied up before we move in. We'll be moving in this week (June 20 -June 26).
We found this one guy (former minister) we knocked into. He shook his head, "I'm sorry I didn't find you when you were first searching for Christ. You have just as much chance of converting me to be Mormon, as I do converting you to be a Christian."
I remarked, "Well, I like those chances, because we are Christian!"
However, he didn't think so...... ????
The next door was the miracle family. We found the Hawks family. They are a blended family, and the parents just got married in April. We were able to talk to Melissa, the mom, and her two step-kids, Madison and Joshua. They are so awesome; we are so excited to teach the rest of the family.
We were having dinner with the Scroggins' and they were in the process of making omelettes, but then because of the huge lighting storm, it knocked the power out, so they went and got pizza.
Thur. June 16: We had a good, quality lesson with the Clark's" and Brother Jones came along. We taught the Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy lesson. They know they need to keep it holy, but they will be gone on vacation for three weeks, and Brother Clark gets nervous in big crowds (luckily for him, we only get about 55 people out each Sunday, so that's not too big of a crowd, right?)
We had dinner at the "H's" along with Coordination meeting. Then Brother Hensley (our Branch mission leader) came with us to see the Guffey's. Only Sister Guffey sat in on the lesson, but she hadn't read the Book of Mormon. I was really bold (and loving) with her, and told her that she IS missing out on knowing if this is how she can know her Heavenly Father's plan for her. Brother Hensley shared with Karen how the missionaries had been bold with him while he was investigating the Church, and how that helped him get an answer that the message was true!
As Brother Hensley was taking us back to our car, he mentioned how really impressed he was on how busy we have been staying. He mentioned that missionaries in the past have gone a whole week without seeing anything. He actually gave us a referral of a lady he knew, as we drove by her house.
Fri. June 17: We had a lesson with Sister Eunice Epling and Brother Morse came along with us; she completely loved and agreed with the Plan of Salvation. However, she still feels that her Baptism in the Baptist church is good enough. She's reading the pamphlets and being very consistent.
Hawk's had to reschedule, but they were SO sorry, and really expressed how much they really wanted to meet with us again.
We had dinner at the Morse's house.
We had a lesson with Brian and Michelle Snare. Brian is the lifelong member, but hasn't ever really been active. They are such a great family; they have two boys (ages 8 & 6). We shared with them "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" Brother "S" is still a little skeptical about the Mormon faith, but they all committed to pray together as a family.
We "NOTE"ified the Harris family!
Sat. June 18: We tracted this huge housing development, and met this one young mother named, Courtney. She liked to bash with us - it didn't matter what we said, yet she took a Book of Mormon(!)
We had a lesson with Sister Angie Rogers. The Gwynn's (who live right down the road) came with us; Angie is in Jacob with her BofM reading! We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson - I'm excited for Sister Rogers, when she fully understands forgiveness, and that God will forgive her sins and her past transgressions.
Everyone we planned to see in Blue Ridge fell through, or wasn't interested.:(
Except for Jacob Dalton, our main man! He's 26 yrs. old, has three kids (his 2 yr. old daughter is adorable; biggest blue eyes I have ever seen) and is married. He is so open, and realizes that there is confusion in today's churches. He's excited for us to come back.
Sun. June 19: Father's Day.
Church! Sister Angie Rogers - she seemed so excited and stayed for Gospel Principles Sunday School class and it was a really good lesson on the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
Two appointments cancelled today. :(
Well, in closing, I just want to say how easy it is to serve someone - then when you serve someone, you really start to love them. I love the pople out here; it's because I always strive to get to know them, serve them, and help them! I know the pattern can work for you, as well, in helping others come into the fold of God!
I Love You All!
Love, Elder Ryan Brenchley

No comments:
Post a Comment