I was blessed to be with my mother and family yesterday for my last Skype call home! WOW! I truly did cherish it, though!
I have been very blessed by my studies recently this week and this past zone meeting. I feel like I have gotten re-juiced and inspired to go and do better.
Mon. May 2: P-Day. We did the regular stuff. We played ultimate frisbee at the YSA building. I got a free haircut from Elder Young, also.
We went and had dinner at the Moore's, and we made it there just in time before a huge thunder storm hit! The Moore's are a really good couple and an excellent example of faithful saints. They fully committed to bring someone to the devotional next Sunday night.
Mon. May 2: P-Day. We did the regular stuff. We played ultimate frisbee at the YSA building. I got a free haircut from Elder Young, also.
We went and had dinner at the Moore's, and we made it there just in time before a huge thunder storm hit! The Moore's are a really good couple and an excellent example of faithful saints. They fully committed to bring someone to the devotional next Sunday night.
| {Botetourt County is SO green!} |
Tues. May 3: We worked mostly in Cloverdale today and were able to set up some return appointments with former investigators named, Joanne and the Snider's.
Wed. May 4: We packed a lunch and worked this one area for the whole morning and afternoon - some fruit came from it. We met a hippy who made glass smoking pipes. We met some nice people, but everyone wasn't interested. They were over the top friendly.
We got dinner from the Huffman's, which we ate at the church before Missionary Coordination.
Thur. May 5: We had our weekly planning session. Brother Chris Winkler came with us for basically the whole day, however Connie cancelled.
We had a lesson with Marshal and Carol Clark; they are a part-member family. The Sisters had been teaching them, so they came to the lesson, as well, to make a smooth pass off. We taught about keeping commandments and following Jesus Christ.
We found a miracle investigator while looking for someone completely different. We only realized that it was Angie, and not "Jennifer" we were looking for. It was half way through the lesson, so we kept rolling with it, and she seems pretty interested because she doesn't have a church she goes to yet.
We had a lesson with the Smith's and Brother Keeton; all are less active, but Brother Keeton has come four Sundays in a row! We had a lesson on the Priesthood and are excited to help Brother Keeton receive the Priesthood.
Fri. May 6: We had zone meeting today which was really awesome and uplifting. We had the best zone brunch that was put on by the members. Good as always!
So, while in Daleville, I parked about 40 yards away from a house which had a For Sale sign + a Sold sign. The place I parked did not look like their yard, and it looked more like a jungle, so I totally thought I'd be fine. WRONG! Someone called the cops on us! While we were out tracting in the neighborhood, a undercover cop car rolled up, and asked us to move. Geez....
We had a lesson with the Harris couple. We were able to hear a lot of Sister Harris' concerns about the Church. Andy (her husband) said whenever she's ready to come back to church, he will come with her and join the Church (please keep them in your prayers).
Sat. May 7: We worked up in Fincastle today (it is the oldest town in our mission, dating back to the 1760-1770's).
There are buildings there erected before the Declaration of Independence was signed! We were able to talk to the Fincastle librarians, and they are so wonderful; they were trying to help us out, give us service opportunities, gave us the contact info on how to get in touch with the Genealogy specialist of Botetourt County. It should be great!
| {A Shout-Out to my Bro!} |
Brian cancelled (he's a potential investigator), so we went and visited Mary Silcox and her husband, Richard; a part-member family.
We went to the ward Cinco de Mayo party! The Roanoke 1st Ward has some families from Mexico and RM's who speak Spanish. It was plenty of fun, and there were plenty of less-actives and non-members who came. The food was amazing; most of it made by the Crosse family!
Sun. May 8: Happy Mother's Day!
We had a really good Sacrament meeting today! We had Brother Keeton, in our area, come (so that was his 4th Sunday in a row). The Downtown Elders had five investigators come to church, all who I started teaching when I was there and love! 1. Roxanne, 2. Myra, 3. Garrett, 4. Susan, 5. Jim Flemming. I was really stoked for them. It's such a blessing to be able to keep close tabs on a past area.
We had dinner and our Skype call at the Scroggins'. I love this family.
And it was really awesome to be with my family for an hour.
| {My view of our Skype call} |
![]() |
| {My family's view} |
Well, I'll wrap things up this week by saying: Personal revelation comes when we seek for it; when we dedicate time to pray and study, and when we have questions in mind. The Lord knows those questions (especially if you ask them in prayer), and he can guide you to the answers as you seek for them.
I love you all!Doctrine and Covenants 88:118
118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
Love, Elder Brenchley

No comments:
Post a Comment